About the Course
Whether you are interested in developing your own story, crafting a story for a project, or learning storytelling activities to facilitate workshops, this comprehensive online course is ideal for you.
Throughout each section of the course, we’ll introduce you to storytelling frameworks, methods, and activities to help you develop your story and expand your storyteller toolbox.
- Reflect on the power of storytelling and your story: Identify why and how your story can make a difference.
- Identify the story you want to tell: Learn different tools and story-harvesting methods to identify and choose the stories you want to tell.
- Engage in a story-crafting process: Develop your story by thinking about your audience, narrative building, and the impact you want to create.
- Choose your story-sharing medium: Explore different mediums for telling your story and choose the one that’s best for you at this moment.
- Join a community of storytellers and changemakers: By purchasing this course, you'll be invited to quarterly virtual events where you'll meet other students and the course instructors. These events will offer additional storytelling resources and networking opportunities.
Change Starts With Your Story
Join a community of changemakers dedicated to building an equitable world one story at a time.
Reflect on Your Journey
Learn methods and frameworks to harvest stories and identify the story you want to tell at this moment.
Build a Powerful Story
Learn a step-by-step process to develop inspiring and targeted stories to inspire action.
Amplify Your Impact
Explore various storytelling mediums to help you reach your communities and audiences.
Meet Your Instructors
This course was co-curated by Luis Ortega from Storytellers for Change and Domonique Meeks from Ambassador Stories.
Luis (he/him/they/them) is a multidisciplinary storyteller, facilitator, educator, and the founder and Director of Storytellers for Change. Domonique (he/him) is a data scientist, digital storyteller, and the co-founder and Creative Director at Ambassador Stories.
Together, Domonique and Luis bring over 40 years of storytelling experience across various mediums including biographical storytelling, oral histories, keynote presentations, narrative strategy, podcasting, digital storytelling, facilitation, and visual storytelling.
- Story-Crafting (2:29)
- Download the Toolkit
- Your Purpose (3:56)
- Activity: Six-Word Statements
- Your Audience & Community (8:50)
- Activity: Audience & Community Mapping
- Your Call to Action (3:37)
- Activity: Your Call to Action
- Your Story Arc (7:12)
- Activity: Your Story Arc & Narrative Elements
- Getting Feedback (4:30)
- Activity: Getting Feedback
- Pause & Reflect (2:09)
- Story-Sharing (7:18)
- Download the Toolkit
- The Written Story (3:22)
- Story-Writing Resources
- The Spoken Story (6:19)
- Live Storytelling + Public Speaking Resources
- The Audio Story (1:53)
- Crafting Audio Stories Resource
- The Digital Story (3:25)
- Digital Storytelling Resources
- Story Circles (5:06)
- Pause & Reflect (2:26)
Scholarships & Discounted Rates
Economic Justice: Each quarter we offer a limited number of scholarships and discounted rates for youth, grassroots non-profits, and professionals who have limited access to funding to support their leadership development. To be considered for a scholarship or a discounted rate, please complete this form.